Code of Behaviour
Presentation College seeks to create an atmosphere of respect, friendship and understanding in the school community of students, staff and parents in order to maintain a truly Christian environment.
Our behaviour and disciplinary code is based on respect and seeks to promote self discipline, to challenge all to act responsibly and to take responsibility for their actions.
1. To enable each student to work to the best of his ability and to allow teachers to teach in an atmosphere of order and attention, the College Authorities insist that each student:
– Shows courtesy, consideration and good manners to all in the college;
– Attends class regularly and punctually;
– Has all necessary books for classes;
– Records and completes homework to the satisfaction of his teachers;
2. The College is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all pupils and staff. The deliberate causing of distress, whether mental or physical, to another individual is always unacceptable.
3. Full school uniform is obligatory and must be worn during school hours and at school functions. Each student is expected to have a conventional neat hairstyle. The wearing of earrings, studs, etc. is not allowed.
4. Articles of clothing and personal possessions are to be clearly marked with the owners name. It is inadvisable for students to bring items of value to school. The College Management accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to a student’s property. Cars may be brought to school only with the approval of the college authorities. Cars and their contents are parked at the owner’s risk.
5. Any involvement with illegal substances is forbidden and a pupil in breach of same will be suspended. The matter will be referred to the Board of Management where the question of expulsion will be considered.Parents will be given an opportunity to express their views to the Board prior to its reaching a decision on any course of action it may take.
6. Official school detention takes place on Friday between 4p.m. and 5p.m. and on Saturday mornings between 9a.m. and 12 noon. At least 24 hours notice by text or in writing will be given to parents.
7. Mobile phones, including camera phones, must be switched off and out of sight during school hours apart from lunch breaks when they may be used outside the building only. It is not permissible to use a mobile phone as a calculator or clock. While in school, students may not use camera phones to record or transmit any image. Any incident involving such use of a camera phone will lead to confiscation of the phone and the matter will be referred to the Board of Management.
8. In all cases the College Authorities are the judges of acceptable standards of appearance and behaviour.
9. Students are required to have their journals with them for all classes. Failure to do so will lead to a Friday detention. A second offence will lead to a Saturday detention.Download The Code Of Behaviour Here