FAO 6TH YEAR STUDENTS!!!! Are you eligible to apply for the HEAR Scheme?
School leavers who have the ability to benefit from and succeed in higher education and who come from socio-economic groups in Irish society that are underrepresented in third level.
What is the Disability Access Route to Education (DARE)?
DARE is a college and university admissions scheme that offers places on reduced points to school leavers with disabilities.
Who is DARE for?
Dare is for school leavers (Under 23yrs as at 1 January 2014) who have a disability and who may not be able to meet the points for their preferred course due to the impact of their disability.
- Specific Learning Difficulty (incl. Dyslexia and Dyscalculia)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)/ Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD
- Blind/Vision Impaired
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- DCD – Dyspraxia/Dysgraphia
- Mental Health Condition
- Neurological Conditions (incl. Epilepsy, Brain Injury, Speech and Language Disabilities)
- Physical Disability
- Significant Ongoing Illness